Basement entrance trench drains
Trench drains act as a barrier for water flows. These trench drains are usually small, and situated at the entrance in the basement or garage or home. Trench drains are usually installed in areas where the entrances are situated lower than the rest of the yard.rclma
Here’s how you can install an entrance trench drain:
- First of all you will need to dig a trench that is 7 inches wide and 5 inches deep.
- Next, extend the length of the basement entryway, after you measure the trench gutter. Cut the drain gutter to that length using tin snips.
- Now place the gutter in the trench. Make sure that the leap of the gutter is a little lower than the grade level.
- Create the cement mixture.
- After you have made the mixture, pour some cement around the gutter to fix it. Let the concrete dry for a few days.
- The last thing that you need to do is place a drain grate on the top of the gutter.
- you will need to connect the trench drain to a home drainage system, otherwise the water will overflow the trench and get into your basement.
- identify the water sources and take the necessary meassures to prevent water overflow.