Installing drain tiles
If you want to protect a certain room from water damage, then drain tiles is what you need. Drain tiles form a water barrier on the floor and will help you avoid water damage in your basement or other rooms. Here’s how you can install drain tiles:
- The first thing that you need to do is dig a trench around your home.rclma You can do this using shovels or a jackhammer. The trench will need to go deep enough around the foundation of your home to reach the footer – the extended concrete foundation.
- Then dig another smaller trench along the footer, just to accommodate the drain tiles.
- At the base of the drain pipe trench you will need to add a filter, like a paper filter to prevent sediments from clogging the drain tiles.
- You can now set the sections of drain tile along the edges of the trench footer. Place them atop the filtration paper. Use a sealant for the joints.
- Now fill the trench with fine gravel. This will prevent large debris from clogging the drain.
- Use the earth you have dug out cover the gravel.
|Drain, drain system, drain tiles, drain trench, Drainage, Drainage systems, drains, installing drain tiles, installing tiles for drains, trench drain tiles, trench tiles|