Preventing iron bacteria in drainage systems
Although water containing iron bacteria is evacuated from your home it can still create a sticky residue on the walls of the pipes. The easiest way to get rid of iron bacteria is to prevent it. Here’s how you can do it:
- You will need to create a solution of one gallon of chlorine bleach and 50 gallons of water in a large container, or you can mix together smaller quantities if you do not have such a large container.rclma
- next, you will need to connect a hose to a siphon in the container.
- to start the siphon pump squeeze it. Spray on the drainage area to wash it. You will need to save some solution for the drainage pipes.
- use a long-handled scrub brush toward the drain.
- after you wash the entire drainage mouth and the pipes, use water to rinse those areas.
- always prepare the solution in a well ventilated area, and also wear a breathing mask because bleach is very dangerous for your health.