Make a nursery with used baby furniture
Everyone knows that decorating a nursery can be a very fulfilling job for parents. But what if you do not afford much or you are on a limited budget? Then you should think about purchasing used baby furniture. Is better to check first these items to be sure that they are in good condition, according with the safety standards.rclma
How to buy the best used items?
- Look on the internet for safety standards for baby furniture according with the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association. You should take this list with you when you go shopping.
- Check the measures of every item with a measuring tape to be sure they will fit in your baby room. Also measure the space between the rails of the crib, wooden play yards; it cannot be bigger than 2 3/8 inches.
- When buying a cradle or a bassinet be sure that it has a mattress that it is in a good condition or it can be easily changed. It is not safe to add another mattress or more padding on top of the old one. Also check for the measures to see if it fits in your space.
- The changing table that you choose is better to have elevated edges to prevent the baby from falling down. Also the height is important for your well being; you will be using it a lot.
- When it comes to swings, strollers or high chairs, first be sure that the locking mechanism works properly. Then check the base to see if it is wide enough. This will prevent the baby from tipping over.
- For every piece of baby furniture you intend to buy check the safety standards. Also inspect it to identify any missing parts and don’t forget to ask how old it is. Too old pieces are useless.
- Check any moving parts such as crib rails, swing cradles, rocking chairs and gliders. Is better to be sure they work before you spend the money on them.