As anything else, a personal sauna requires maintenance in order to keep its special properties.
- Make sure to use towels when sitting on the wooden seats, to avoid damaging them.
- Use water and soap to wash the wood seats and rinse them with cold water.rclma
- Electric heaters must be wiped with a piece of cloth and soapy water.
- If you are using wood as a fuel, make sure the vents work properly.
- Clean away the ashes when you are finished using the sauna.
What not to do
- Do not use any commercial cleaners when cleaning the sauna. The chemicals can infiltrate into the wood and create harmful fumes. The heat alone is enough to kill any germs.
- Any solution that has ammonia will create harmful fumes if it gets in contact with wood.