Did the termite treatment work?
Termites are quite hard to spot, because they prefer to stay underground or inside your homo’s walls. So how can you tell if the termite treatment worked? Here are a few tips on how you can do that.
- First of all you need to check the nest from which the termites originated.rclma You can identify the nest by the small mud tubes. If the termites are still alive, you will surely see them in those tubes. If you can’t see any termites, then the treatment as successful.
- Also check the other areas where you applied the termiticide. Check the termite activity in that area and if you can’t see any termites then the treatment was successful.
- Look for more signs of infestation, like mud holes, tubes, wings, swarms, hollow sounding wood, etc.
- Check the termite baits that you have placed near your home. Wait a few days after you have placed them to see if some termites did get to it.
- If you see dead termites, then it means that the baits were too strong. They should only act after a few hours after the termite has got in contact with the bait.
- See if the signs of the termite infestation have diminished. If they had then it’s all OK.
- If you still can see signs of the infestation and also termites, then you should plant the baits in another place.
- if you have treated the infestation by yourself, and you didn’t get the wanted results, then you should hire a professional to do the work for you.