Chimney insulation products
There are several different chimney insulating products that are essential.
- Chimney liners are available in various sizes and strengths. The most common option are foil blankets.
- Insulation spray adhesive is made to insulate the chimney and can resist the intense heat of the chimney. One should be more than enough in most cases.
- A Stainless steel retractable mesh comes in a roll which can cover the whole inside of the chimney. Steel is pretty inexpensive but you can also find these retractable meshes made out of other materials . It will resist the temperatures of the chimney.
- Foil tape comes in many sizes and is used to hold the lining blanket together. It comes in a roll, which is enough to do the job. It’s cheap and it can be found anywhere and you will surely not run out of it too soon.
- Clamps are used to make sure that the insulation doesn’t fall of the top and bottom of the chimney fireplace. Most of the time you will only need 2, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to buy several more.
Make sure you have a guide, or a set of instructions on how to use the insulating products. It is a task that can be done by just about anyone, but feel free to hire a professional if you are not sure of your skills.
Rather than buying a separate product, think about buying an insulation kit. It will contain all the things you will need for the task and instructions on how to do it. It is also fairly inexpensive. This way, everything is easier and cheaper.