Create a modern look for antique walls
If you want to give a modern aspect to your antique or vintage walls in the house you can try decorating them. In time, the paint or plaster on these walls can damage and extra-work is needed to change their aspect. Before starting your work, repair any damage in the plaster or drywall using joint compound.rclma Also, utilize a paint scraper to remove any peeling paint on your antique walls.
Materials and tools you need:
- Framed pictures or artwork
- Trim paintbrush
- Drop cloths
- Painter’s tape
- Velcro hanging stripes
- Picture-mounting tape
How to do it
- Before you start painting, your walls protect the floor with a drop cloth and apply a painter’s tape over the trim. Utilize a paint roller to apply a layer of primer and let it get dry. Apply the paint along the trim with a little trim brush; cover the rest of the wall surface with paint using a paint roller. Let it get dry before applying another paint layer.
- Pick up a type of tapestry you like. You can choose one representing a landscape if your room is quite small. Low ceilings work well with horizontal tapestries.
- Use self-adhesive hook-and-loop fasteners to suspend your tapestries. This way you will protect your antique wall. Put the adhesive backed loop strip horizontally and then the adhesive-covered hook strip to the back of the tapestry. Press them to suspend the tapestry in the right place. If you have a large tapestry, you will probably need more hook-and-loop strips.
- Place some framed photos or artwork on your antique wall and stick them using picture –mounting tape. Be careful to choose the right type of picture-mounting tape; otherwise it may not sustain the weight of your framed items.