Decoration ideas for an antique dinner room buffet
An antique dinner room buffet is used for serving different buffets and to emphasize your other vintage ornamental items. Reaching to almost 78 inches long, antique dinner room buffets usually strike the eye that is why its decoration is very important.
- Antiques and collectables
- Soft cloth
- Oil-based furniture polish.
- The first thing you need to do is to clean the dust with a wet washcloth. Make sure you clean the carvings and groves very well. Let the furniture get dry and start polishing it with oil-based products because they are especially made for antique wood furniture. After you finish let your buffet get dry.
- Decorate the backside of the dinner room buffet with antique items such as candles, plates, old wine bottles, black and white pictures or prints, floral arrangements, etc. you can also incorporate serving plates, stacks of books, fresh greenery, dolls, clocks, birdcages, big candy dishes, twigs and the like.
- Arrange the most important items next to large ornamental pieces or in front of them. You can use candy dishes, ice buckets, cheese knives, pepper shakers, pitchers, small figurines, cast iron birds, napkins and small serving dishes. Besides the fact that these objects are used for their decorative features, some of them may also be practical and functional.
- You can also replace different objects with others, depending on the occasion or season. For example, you can include little pumpkins gourds and Indian corn for Thanksgiving holiday or fresh greens and lights for Christmas.