Tips to build a frame for a corner hutch
Usually, a hutch is placed in the kitchen and it is used to store porcelain tableware or extra crockery. It presents several shelves, drawers and a counter. Building a corner hutch in the kitchen will provide you additional storage place to keep your items.rclma The first thing you need to do before starting your job is to frame your unit using hardwood or plywood. After you finish, you can personalize your corner hutch according to your family’s necessities.
Materials: several 2-inch wood screws, 1/2-inch plywood , one 90-degree triangle template, one measuring tape ,1 1/2-inch wood screws, one circular saw, a meter stick, a pencil and a stud finder.
How to do it:
- Use a measuring tape to determine the height of the wall you want to use for your project and the depth of the side panels of the corner hutch.
- Find the existent wall studs using a stud finder and mark their place with a pencil.
- Cut one piece of ½-inch plywood at the same height as your wall and the necessary depth for the side panels as resulted from step 1. Repeat this action for another ½-inch plywood piece. Use a circular saw to do this work. Position these two panels vertically in the corner so their back edges create a 90-degree angle.
- To determine the width of your storage unit find out the distance from the edge of one panel to the edge of the other one.
- Take a ½-inch piece of plywood and cut out two triangles. The two equal sides should have the same dimension as the depth of the side panel while the third side must be equal to the width of the hutch. Mark your measurements with a meter stick before cutting the plywood. You will use these triangles to build the top and the bottom of your storage unit.
- Take the two sides panels away from the wall taking care to keep their position. Connect these two panels using 1 ½-inch wood screws. Check out the angle between their back edges with a 90-degree triangle template before.
- Position your frame on the floor horizontally; it will have an L-shape.
- Put the bottom and top panels in place, one at one end and one to the other end.
- Connect the side panels with the top and bottom panels using 1 /2-inch wood screws.
- Turn the corner hutch frame vertically and place it into the corner. Fix the hutch to the wall inserting 2-inch wood screws through the side panel into the existent wall studs.
|corner hutch, how to build a corner hutch, how to frame a corner hutch, materials needed to frame a hutch, meassure a hutch, personalize a corner hutch, place a frame to a corner hutch, plywood, porcelain tableware, tips for framing a corner hutch|