Tips to get rid of hard water stains from our dishes
Hard water stains are not only unaesthetic, but they can also affect your health if you do not have a strong immunity. That is why you have to remove them from your dishes no matter how. Although these stains can be difficult to clean, there are a few effective methods that can help you remove them from your plates, spoons, forks, knives, etc.rclma To do that you will need cold water, paper towels and distilled white vinegar.
- The first thing you need to do is to achieve one-gallon jug of distilled white vinegar.
- Never use hot or warm water if you want to remove the spots from your dishes because it will not work. Use only cold water for this job.
- Fill your sink half way with distilled white vinegar and the other half with cold water.
- Soak your dishes into the mixture and leave them there for about four hours. Make sure that they are completely covered by this mixture on both sides. When you see small bubbles on the dishes, you can be sure that the hard water stains are removed.
- After four hours, take the dishes out of the sink one by one. Do not forget to dunk them a few times before laying them on your drying rack. Dry the dishes with the help of paper towels.
If you plan to clean all your dishes in order to remove hard water stains, you will need more white vinegar because several loads will be needed. Make sure that you use enough vinegar; otherwise, this method will not work. Repeat this procedure periodically to get rid of any hard water stains that occur. At the same time, our dishes will be very clean.
Many people do not wash their dishes manually; they prefer to use a dishwasher. If you are one of those people who utilize dishwasher and you want to remove hard water stains from your dishes and prevent new ones occur, try to replace detergent with distilled white vinegar. Try to use this method every time you use your dishwasher; just add ¼ cup of white vinegar and let your dishwasher run a full cycle.
If you know that you have hard water make sure that you keep your dishwasher clean. In order to do that, run the empty dishwasher monthly, adding ½ cup of distilled white vinegar and some baking soda. Put the baking soda in the compartment for detergent and the vinegar in the bottom of the dishwasher. By repeating this process every month, you will remove any hard water stains, thus protecting your dishwasher.