Installing a shower drain in your basement
Because the basement floor is usually set under the level of the home drainage system, it’s best to install a shower drain before the basement it’s finished. If you’ve bought the house, make sure there isn’t a drain already installed.
- First of all you will need to dig a trench that will lead away from the foundation.rclma Then, lay the pipe in the trench.
- The pipes needs to be set inside the concrete footing. Another pipe needs to go outside of the footing and it needs to be connected to the other one.
- Connect the pipes using the needed fittings.
- Next, you will need to determine the location of the shower drain will be placed. Then saw a small piece out of the drainage pipe and install a T-adapter.
- Use gravel to fill the spaces around the pipes. Then, you can cover them with concrete.