Water drainage system maintenance
Installing a gutter and drainage system is only half of the job. Once you have done that, you’ll need to follow some maintenance steps to keep your system working properly.
- Gutters must be well attached to avoid any change in the slope that may prevent water from flowing.rclma
- Use caulk or gutter sealant if you use sectional gutters.
- Keep the gutters clean, as they may clog with leaves or other debris. You can do that using a hose or a pressure washer.
- You could use a gutter guard to keep out big debris. All gutter guards also have holes to let water in, so smaller leaves and materials will still be able to enter the gutter. Make sure you clean it every once in a while.
- Over the seasons, soil will either compact or wash away, so it is best you add soil along the sides of your home’s foundation slopping it outwards to keep water away from the basement.
- Rain will not affect only your roof but also your window wells. Using covers will fix that problem and ensure that water won’t drip on the ground and soak into your foundation
Water try to infiltrate in your basements. You can avoid that just by cleaning your gutters and downspouts regularly and maintaining the yard grading.
|About gutters, Downspouts, Downspouts maintenance, Drain efficiency, Drain maintenance, Drainage, Drainage system, Gutter efficiency, Gutters maintenance, Keeping foundations safe, Sectional gutters, Water drain|