Raising the mattress of the crib
If your baby suffers from colicky or any other gastric discomfort you can try to elevate a little the crib mattress to help him or her sleep better. This is not difficult to do and you can choose to elevate the entire crib or just the mattress.
- Inspect the crib and the mattress to see if they are clean and safe.
- The most common way to elevate the mattress is to place a soft pillow under its head side. Make sure that the middle of the crib mattress does not hang low and that the mattress itself does not move from its place.
- You can also use a comforter or a blanket to elevate your baby’s crib mattress. Overlap the blanket and put it under the head side of the mattress making sure that the elevation is not too low or too high.
- A rolled towel can also help you elevate your baby’s mattress. Just make sure that the elevation is perfect to provide your baby a peaceful sleep.
- Another way to accomplish this task is to place books under the head side of the mattress. Make sure the books have the same size.
It is important that the elevation should be almost undetectable otherwise your baby may slide down while sleeping or playing in the crib.