Steps to paint a nursery crib
A crib is the most important piece of furniture in the nursery room. You can bring to life your baby’s old crib or just improve its look if you paint it in the right color. Just make sure it is safe and comfortable and you do not over do it; sometimes less is more.
- The first thing you need to do is to disassemble and label each part of the crib. This way you will find it very easy to put back the right pieces in the right places.
- Sand each piece of the crib and check if there are any splits or cracks into the wood. Clean the dust resulted from sanding using a wet piece of fabric.
- Patch up any damaged area with wood putty and let it get dry. It is recommended to use a related color for the wooden putting.
- Use a neutral color if you don’t know the sex of your baby. White, green or yellow will work perfectly. On the other hand, if you know that your baby will be a boy or a girl you can choose a blue or a pink paint, depending on the case. Make sure your paint is lead-free in order to prevent any toxic fumes inhalation. Let the first layer of paint get dry and apply another one. Let it get dry.
- If you want to make your baby’s crib more special you can use stencils to decorate it. Acrylic colors are suitable for this type of work. You can also make some free hand paintings using a complementary color or a different tone of the existing color. Whatever you decide, these paintings will complement both the crib and the nursery itself.
- Let the paint get dry for a few days and then start assembling the crib very carefully in order to avoid damaging your work. After you finish this task, put the mattress and the bedding and wait for your baby to come into the world.
|baby furniture, decorate a nursery, easy steps to paint a baby crib, how to decorate the baby crib, how to recondition an old crib, kids room, lead-free paint, nursery crib, repaint an old crib, the crib, when to place the crib in the baby's room|