How to find out about termites
Homes are mainly built with wood which attracts termites very much. Even though termites also enjoy cabinets, they prefer walls instead and other areas where no one will disturb them. People usually call a professional to make a thorough inspection but there are some signs that you can look for yourself.rclma
- First you can look for termite shed wings and white fecal pellets in special places like window sills and frames, support posts, porch, tree stumps and fence posts. Termites look basically like an ant, with six legs and sometimes wings. They are very small so it will be easier to find them with a magnifying glass.
- A termite swarm can also indicate the presence of termites. They build these swarms when they intend to establish a new colony.
- Find damaged areas inside and outside of your house. They may look like small pieces of wood. Use a screwdriver to try different parts of wood to see if they have been attacked by termites. You may also find moisture which also does damage that has nothing to do with termites.
- Use the screwdriver to try wood even if it doesn’t seem to have been affected. Termites may have eaten different corners or small areas of plank that shows you no sign of being damaged. This is why you should test more portions of wood to find those that appear soft or break easily.
- You can also look for mud tubes. They can be found near the foundation of your house, in different cracks or on the top of the soil. These mud tubes have less than one inch in diameter and are used for traveling. Sometimes there may be abandoned so you can look inside it to see if there are termites living inside.
|how to find out about termites, instructions to find termites, professional termite exterminator, signs of termite presence, termite colony, termite inspection, termite mud tubes, termite shed wings, termite swarm, termites|