Protecting wood from termites
Termites are one of the most serious problems for homes with wood foundations, and not only. They are really powerful pests that can eat up wood at a fast pace. The good part is that the latest treatments are almost 100% successful.rclma But the best way to get rid of termites is to prevent them from entering your home.
- One great solution is to use borate insecticide powder mixed with water. Mix 2 parts water with one part borate. First of all read the instructions on the insecticide to make sure that you are doing the right thing.
- Always use rubber gloves when working with insecticide. Now stir the borate mixture.
- Use a bottle sprayer and pour the solution in it.
- Now spray the mix on your home’s wood until it’s moist. This will soak into the wood and prevent the termites from attempting to eat through it.
- use the solution once a couple of months to make sure that it wasn’t washed away by the rain. This is enough to keep termites away.
- you can apply the solution to indoor wood, not just outdoor wood.