Treating termite infestation
Termites act quickly and they can produce substantial damage to a property once they get on it. Even though most of the people call professionals to help them get rid of termites, there are some things that can be done by you in order to prevent termite infestation.
- First of all you have to find the colony nest.
- Some liquid termite treatment is needed to put it directly on the colony to kill everything in the residence. Also use the treatment for the area around the colony and for any place that termites have been spotted. The spray is also necessary for the areas where the termites have produced great damage.
- If it’s impossible to locate the colony, use bait traps instead for the entire surface of your yard. When termites get into the trap, they will take the pesticide on their legs and antennas and take it in the colony. The effect of the pesticide will be immediate, killing all the termites in the nest.
- Termite baits and liquid termite treatments can also be used as future methods of prevention. To be highly effective, the barriers have to be refreshed at least once a month.
- If you intend to use borate termite treatments, you have to know that they are effective only for wood that is being used in construction.