Popular water softeners
Many people opt for water softeners in order to get rid of the problems caused by hard water. Although hard water does not cause health problems, it stains our dishes, bathtubs and clothes, clogs the pipes and does not lather enough. More than that, if used repeatedly, it affects the lifespan of our appliances.
Culligan water softener
One of the most popular water softeners is Culigan. This system does not require too much maintenance, the water it treats is high-quality and the employees of the company are very nice. Its main feature is the appliance’s Dial-a-Softness® Valve, an element that can help people adjust the quality of the water. Culligan water softener is also appreciated by customers because:
- It does not consume too much electricity, water and salt. This system softens the water only when necessary.
- It has an optional feature that can allow the customer to control the system from any part of the house.
- It monitors the salt levels by itself. This way you do not have to check regularly the salt levels. All you have to do is to check the amount of salt in the system that the system gives you.
- If there is a problem with the system and it does not work properly, it notifies you very soon. This way you can solve the problem, thus avoiding the system to become non-functional.
One of the most advantageous feature of Kinetico 2020c is its size. It is compact and small and it is the right choice if you live in a small house or an apartment. You can install it under your kitchen sink to save space. You can use table salt or block salt to soften the water with this system. An important feature of Kinetico 2020c is that it does not need electricity to work. Also, it presents a twin cylinder element thus ensuring continuous water supply. It is to be noticed that this machine switches automatically between these twin cylinders.
- Kinetico 2020c does not affect the cost of your bills because it does not use electricity to work. At the same time, it does not need a large amount of salt and water to work properly. This is because it regenerates only when necessary.
- When there is low water flow, the machine detects the problem from the beginning, thus maintaining the supply of softened water.
- Its main elements (the tanks and valves) are made from high-quality materials that cannot be affected by corrosion.
- It is very easy to install and maintain because it does not use electricity.
nuvoH2O Home Complete Salt-Free Water Softening System
The main feature of this system is that it does not use salt to soften the water and does not run on electricity. More than that, it is very small and suitable for any house. Installing a nuovoH2Ohome complete salt-free water softening system is an easy task anyone can accomplish. All you have to do is to attach the cartridge of the system to the water supply. This Eco-friendly product is also popular because:
- It does not raise your electricity bills because it does not use it to work. Also, you will save a lot of money because it does not need any salt to soften hard water. All you need to do is to replace the old cartridge with a new one twice a year.
- Another advantage of using this system is that you can extend the life of your appliances with almost 30%.
- If you buy a nuovoH2Ohome complete salt-free water softening system, you will get a ninety-day money back guarantee.
Pelican NaturSoft salt free water softener
Pelican NaturSoft salt free water softener is another product that does not need electricity and salt to work. More than that, this machine eliminates hard water scales in the water appliances and prevents new ones occur. Its main characteristic is that the water is softened by the usage of a media that is covered in micro crystals of calcium carbonate.
- Pelican NaturSoft salt free system softens the water, but it keeps a balanced Ph
- The water softened with this machine does not have a slippery feel
- It does not waste any water
- It is available in ready-to-install kit and comes with a pre-filter. This pre-filter eliminates dangerous contaminants from the water supply
- Pelican NaturSoft salt free water softener is an Ecological machine because it does not release salt in the environment. The water softened with his system can be utilized for plants and vegetation.
Besides these popular water softeners, there are also other reliable brands such:
- Hardness Master Water Softeners
- RainDance Water Systems
- GMX Water Softeners
Different types of water softeners
Salt free water softener system transforms dissolve minerals into microscopic crystals using nanotechnology. This way, it prevents any deposits on the pipes, thus extending the lifespan of the appliances. The best thing about this type of system is that it does not eliminate the benefic nutrients and minerals in the water.
Ion exchange water softener system is also very popular. These machines replace magnesium and calcium ions with sodium ions. This water does not damage out clothes and does not stain our dishes. One disadvantage of this system type is the sodium it infuses in the water. This is because the sodium is not very healthy, especially for those people who are on a sodium-free diet or for those who suffer from a high blood pressure.
Magnetic water softener system does not eliminate the nutrients and minerals in the water because it does not use any chemical. It functions with the help of magnets; the water runs through a magnetic field, thus losing its hardness. More than that, magnetic water softener systems do not require too much maintenance. However, this system is not very efficient.
Reverse osmosis water softener system works with the help of a semi-permeable membrane that eliminates almost 98% of contaminants and minerals in the water. But, this means that there will be no benefic minerals in the resulting water. This is why the water softened with this system type is not suitable for drinking, watering plants, feeding animals or cooking. One can use it very efficiently for washing and cleaning purposes.
These were some of the most popular water softener systems one can use to get rid of the problems caused by hard water. It is to be noticed that these systems are an important investment. That is why one should pick very carefully the one that best suits his or her needs. It is very important to inform yourself very well before choosing a water softener for your house. Good luck!