Chimney cap installation
A chimney cap keeps out animals from entering the chimney and prevents sparks from shooting out the chimney and causing damage.
- Find out the length and width of the chimney opening. Purchase a spark arrestor chimney cap.
- Install the cap on the chimney flue. Secure the cap tightening the 4 tensions screws, but be careful not to tighten the screws too much or the flue will crack.
- Secure the top of the chimney cap to the body of the cap, unplugging the holes if necessary.
- This project is not recommended for those who are afraid of heights, are ill or physically impaired. If your case resembles any of them, hire a professional to do the job.
- The chimney cap doesn’t remove the risk of a fire happening. The chimney still requires cleaning and inspection.