Chimney flue lining
The chimney flue is a very important part of a chimney. It must be checked often to avoid any unnecessary hazards that may affect your home like the buildup of carbon monoxide. It is recommended to install a new chimney flue rather than repair the old one.
- First of all you must clean any debris that might be in the chimney. You can also measure the chimney after cleaning it.
- The best chimney flue you can pick is the largest one but small enough to fit your own chimney.
- Installing a chimney flue is easier when you do it from the top of the chimney itself.
Flue installation tips
- Be careful not to damage the flue liner when lowering it down the chimney.
- For insulation, use a mixture of vermiculite and cement between the flue liner and the chimney stone.