Whole fans - how they work
The use of a whole fan is best suited at any time of the day, besides noon, when the temperatures are the highest.
If you own a whole fan or want to buy one here are some advices on how to use it:
- Don’t use at the same time both the fan and the AC. Turn the air conditioner off;
- The fan and opened windows and doors make a good team.
- The fan must work whilst there is no fire in the fireplace. The flame would not last due to the pressure of the air that would constantly change;
In order to be informed, here are some disadvantages of the whole fans:
- They cannot lower the temperature inside the house. It will bring it to the level of the temperature outside;
- If you want to dehumidify the air, chose an air conditioner;
- The fan can bring pollen and dust into the breathing air of your home;
- During winter time, the fans cause an energy loss, sending the heated air to the attic. The solution is a shutter or a cover for the apparatus.
|air conditioner, dehumidify the air, whole fan|