Tips to transform a closet into a built-in entertainment center
Whether your space is crowded or you just need additional storage place for your audio-visual equipment you can convert an existent closet into a built-in entertainment center. All you need is some free time and a previous plan to accomplish this task in a professional way.
– measuring tape;
– surge-protected power cord;
– media equipment.
How to do it:
- Find a power outlet in or near the closet.
- Disassemble the closet by removing its doors after you have cleaned it out.
- Measure the dimensions of the closet; its width, height and depth are important for your project.
- Buy a cheap ready-made entertainment center that is suitable for your closet. Choose one that needs no adjustment and fits perfectly into the closet. Also, take into account the size of your TV before achieving one.
- Put the entertainment center into the closet very slowly to avoid damaging it.
- Arrange your TV, DVD player and all the equipment you want on your new entertainment center. Use the shelves inside your storage place to put CDs and DVDs.
- Use a surge protected power cord to connect your equipment. Connect the cord to an outlet near the closet or inside it.