How to use a sauna safely
There are no rules when it comes to what accessories you should use during your sauna session. But there are several recommendations to take into account before using a sauna. For example, people who have a high blood pressure are allowed to use saunas, but not excessively while those who have consumed any drugs or alcohol should stay away from this therapy room.rclma At the same time, pregnant women, epileptics and diabetics have to ask the opinion of a specialist before using a sauna.
Follow some simple steps when you take your sauna bath:
- Do not stay inside your sauna less than two hours otherwise it won’t take a great effect.
- Try not to eat too much before using a sauna or wait at least one hour and then you can start your therapy session. Some people believe that sauna baths are more beneficial in the morning while others use it in the evening before going to bed.
- Use a thermostat to heat the sauna before entering into it. Bathers usually prefer to enjoy the heat at approximately 82 degrees Celsius ( 180 degrees Fahrenheit).
- If you are a novice, adjust the temperature to about 70 degrees Celsius ( 160 degrees Fahrenheit).
- If you own a residential sauna, wear nothing while you are taking your sauna bath. Do not forget to remove any jewelry, including your eyeglasses.
- Take a warm shower before using the sauna in order to clean your skin.
- Adjust the temperature to a higher level and relax yourself for 15 minutes. Rest yourself in a reclining position and raise your feet above the level of your head using a footrest. Do not stay inside the sauna for more than 30 minutes.
- When you get out of the sauna, take a cold shower.
- Rest for minimum 10 minutes until your body cools down. Repeat these actions again (heat, shower, rest).
- Get back into the sauna and toss some water on the sauna rocks to produce steam and humidity. This way you will sweat more heavily. You can create the perfect level of humidity and heat for your total enjoyment.
- Stimulate your blood circulation using birch whisk. It will also make your body sweat heavily.
- When your body gets warm enough, the pores in your skin will open. Use a brush to scrub and clean your body.
- Sauna fans know that by scrubbing your skin will become very clean.
- Take a warm shower to clean your body and then take a cold shower to close your pores.
- Rest for about 25 minutes and let your body get dry before getting dressed.
- Eat a light snack and drink some cool water after your sauna session.