Installing laminate flooring on stairs
If you want to install laminate flooring on your stairs you should know that it is not such a difficult process as most people tend to believe. Of course, you can ask the help of a master carpenter to do this job for you if you are very busy and you do not have enough patience to do that by yourself. In the following lines, we will present you step- by-step how to install laminate flooring on your stairs.rclma
What you need
Before starting your project, gather all the necessary materials and tools. You need flooring equipment, a pencil and a measuring tape.
How to do it
- If you have carpets on your stairs remove them and clean any remaining adhesive.
- The next thing you need to do is to scratch the clean surface of the stairs and then smooth it. If there are any upraised nails, hammer them down.
- Determine the middle of the top stair with the help of a measuring tape. Mark the spot using a pencil.
- Place one laminate tile over the spot you have marked before. Ensure yourself that the middle of the tile covers the respective pencil spot.
- Start working from the middle to the left side and then continue to the right side until you finish all the stairs.
- Repeat this process for the face of the riser. Take care not to hurt yourself while you install laminate flooring on the riser side.
- Do the same for the remaining stairs.
- Make sure that every tile is fixed very well in place; otherwise, loose tiles can cause serious injuries when stepping on them.
Facts you should know
- Remove any debris from the stairs to avoid damaging them when you step on them.
- If you want to cover your outdoor stairs with this type of flooring, choose a strong laminate that is able to remove dirt from your shoes.
- The best option is to pick up laminate flooring that is not very slippery. This way the stairs will be safer and you will avoid accidents.
- After you finish installing your laminate flooring, do not use the steps until the adhesive has dried out completely.
- In order to make laminate tiles fit perfectly in place, and especially near the ends, use samples from the stair riser, treads and nose.
- Work very carefully with all the necessary power tools to avoid accidents.
Laminate flooring is the most practical method to improve the aspect of both indoor and outdoor stairs. Besides the fact that laminate tiles are available in a variety of colors and textures, they are easy to install. In addition, laminate flooring is affordable for almost anyone and requires no special care.