Chimney fire prevention
The chance of a chimney fire is higher in colder seasons, when it is most likely that you will use the chimney. Take the necessary precautions in order to avoid this.
- Fuel the fire with dry wood only because it results in less smoke.
- Check the chimney for creosote buildups on a early basis.
- Reduce smoke by building smaller but hotter fires.
- Don’t burn non-wood material like trash, cardboard, paper because sparks can appear and start a chimney fire.
- Install stovepipe thermometers if you are using a wood stove.
|chimney, chimney fire, chimney fire drywood, chimney fire fuel, chimney fire prevention, chimney fire wood, chimney fires, chimney safety, chimney safety issues, chimney smoke, how to prevent chimney fires, prevent chimney fires, wood stove safety|