Treating slabs for termites
Having problems with pests is the last thing that you want to hear from an exterminator. Not only that it’s a lot of hassle with the treatment, but it also costs a lot of money to get rid of termites, ants and other pests. So to make things a lot easier for you, you need to follow a few simple steps in assuring that you prevent them from appearing on your property.
- First of all you need to measure the area of your home. This will help you determine the amount of solution necessary for the treatment.
- Then you will need to dig some trenches that are 4 to 6 inches wide and deep. The trenches need to go around your home. Use a pick axe and a grubbing hoe to this.
- The next step is to use the extermination solution. Dilute the solution in a bucket.
- Now drill 3/8 or 1/2 inch holes through the cement structures around your home. The holes need to go through the ground as well.
- Pour the solution through the holes.
- Use mortar plugs to cover the holes.
- this type of treatment shouldn’t cause any problems to your pets or children. It would be wise to leave a few days from home, while the treatment is done by a professional.
- be careful to always follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer, because it’s chemicals we’re talking about.