Create additional storage place under the bed
If you live in a small apartment or a condominium, you know that there is not very much space to store all your personal things. Achieving extra furniture for this purpose will crowd your living space too much and it will cost you a considerable amount of money. To fix this problem, you can take advantage of your free space under the bed to keep your belongings.
- Necessary materials and tools:
– Measuring tape – Wood planks, 1-inch thick -Latex paint
– Circular saw – Hammer – Drill
– Nails, 1 and 1/2-inch long – Medium-grit sandpaper – Cabinet handle
– Plywood, 1/2-inch thick – Wood screws, 1/4-inch long – Paintbrush, 3-inch flat
– 4 rolling casters, 2-inches high
- Determine the height from the floor to the bottom of your bed frame. Then, determine the width of the bed from one end to the other.
- Cut one wood plank having the same dimension as the marked height before, minus four inches. Cut another wood plank having one third of the marked width before. Take another wood plunk and cut it at the same dimension as the first two planks; their width has to reach 18 inches.
- Raise one long plank on top of one of the long sides. Place the two small planks upon one of the longer sides, perpendicular on the first plank.
- Use 1 ½ – inch long nails to fix the smaller planks in their place.
- Put the last long plank to form a 90-degree angle with the ends of the smaller plank. Utilize 1 ½-inch long nails to fix it.
- Cut a piece of plywood measuring 18 inches in length and having the same width as the long planks.
- Put this piece of plywood on top of the box shape (resulted from your previous action) and fix its edges with ½-inch long nails.
- Take 2-inch high rolling casters and place them to every corner of the box; the distance between the rolling casters and every edge should measure 2-inch. Utilize a drill and ¼-inch wood screws to fix the casters in place.
- Rotate the under bed dresser and attach a cabinet handle to the front side of one of the long planks. Utilize ¼-inch long wood screws and a drill.
- Pick up medium-grit sandpaper to sand the dresser drawer. Take a 3-inch flat paintbrush and clean the dust resulted from sanding.
- Apply a layer of latex paint and let it get dry for about seven hours.
- Repeat step 1 through 11 to build two more under bed dressers.
|cabinet handle, creat additional storage room, how to build an underbed dresser, how to decorate a room, ideas for creating a dresser, materials needed for an under bed dresser, medium-grit sandpaper, plywood, under bed dresser, wood planks|